how idiotic would we sound if we said that the nickname hurricanes came from a drink or a glass??
uhh..ok.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
how idiotic would we sound if we said that the nickname hurricanes came from a drink or a glass??
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
I'm not stupid dude...I was just trying to understand your previous post.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
what was hard to understand about it??
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nothing
because in your case......the turkey has no nuts
secondly the hurricanes are at leats named after something that makes sense.....you dont see us trying to defend an asinine name with some sort of convoluted nonsense and spin job
</div></div>
Just that..it makes no sense to me.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
And what exactly does a duck costume that is supposed to be an Ibus, and also has no nuts have to do with anything.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
the nothing was in response to what something had to do with turkey balls.......i then said that the canes are named after soemthing.....and it makes sense......we arent trying to claim that they arent named after a storm.....which is what some here are doing in trying to say that VT isnt named after a turkey with no balls........but after something else that just happens to have the same meaning as a castrated turkey
how do you not follow that?
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And what exactly does a duck costume that is supposed to be an Ibus, and also has no nuts have to do with anything. </div></div>
its an ibis not a duck......and the definition of ibis isnt a bird with no balls.....a hokie on the other hand......is
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
Guess it's just the way the thread reads.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the nothing was in response to what something had to do with turkey balls.......i then said that the canes are named after soemthing.....and it makes sense......we arent trying to claim that they arent named after a storm.....which is what some here are doing in trying to say that VT isnt named after a turkey with no balls........but after something else that just happens to have the same meaning as a castrated turkey
how do you not follow that? </div></div>
Well actually my Merriman Webster doesn't have Hokie in it but it does have hoke which is pronounced hok (long o). But it is an older one that I have had for several years.
Whatever a Hokie is, I don't know. But I have always understood it to have originated in a cheer contest. But, I really don't care either because compared to what VT was in my younger days they have made leaps and bounds and IMO do quite well with what they have for an alleged nutless turkey [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I grew up with VPI Fighting Gobblers and am still partial to that.
"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
Bookmarks